Anstey Hodge Advertising Group
Location: Roanoke, VA
Project Type: Interior & Exterior Renovation
Project Size: 2,325 sq. ft.
This Roanoke landmark, located just east of the Hotel Roanoke, was originally constructed in 1948 as a Sunoco service station. Long abandoned, Anstey Hodge saw the potential under the boarded-up relic and purchased it in 2009. The exterior was renovated to match its original appearance as closely as possible. The white enameled wall panels, wooden garage doors and steel sash windows were restored, enabling the project to qualify for Historic Renovation Tax Credits. The interior features steel lockers, a concrete floor, and warehouse lights to continue the industrial design theme. Exterior scoop light fixtures illuminate the Anstey-Hodge sign to thousands of passing motorists every day, just as the Sunoco sign once did.